Sunday, September 16, 2012

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH, I Miss Home!!!!!!!!!

Well, I am still here in New Orleans working. I have been here for two weeks now and probably still have at least three more to go if I don't get any more claims (but I probably will). I have 64 claims and have completed 21 of them so far. I have mixed emotions about it all. The work is not physical at all. 80% of it is staring at a computer monitor. Good thing I have a nice 24" one. But dealing with these people can really get on your nerves. Nine out of ten people lie through their teeth. Trying to collect insurance on stuff that happened years ago, or just plane doesn't have anything to do with hurricane Isaac. One guy showed me his front door. The bottom 6 inches of the frame was rotted off. He swore to me the the hurricane did that. I felt like asking him if he thought I was a complete idiot. I have come across some really nice people though. Unfortunately they don't out number the bad. I have to go to neighborhoods that if I weren't working I would not dare enter.

I guess I can't complain too much though. I have made enough in the last two weeks to live on Queeny for about 5 months. So three more weeks should get me kicking back on the flybridge for quite some time.

I took the picture below at one of the houses I inspected. If you have to do this to your AC condensor, it is time to move. I guess people don't know any different.


Well I have worked 98 hours this week. 16 of which were today, so I am going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment