Sunday, January 12, 2014

Celtic Festival

We went to a Celtic festival here in Marathon this weekend at the city park. It was a good time. Good music and fun things to watch. One of the events was a sheep herding demonstration using border collies. Our dog Lucy was a border collie. When the lady doing the demo explained why the dogs do certain things it helped me to understand why Lucy did things that I thought strange at the time. There was a pipe band from Miami that played and was fun to watch.

There were also demonstrations in some of the athletic events like throwing stones of various weights and poles. It all was a good time. I am glad we were here for it. We had planned on moving the boat up to Islamarada and anchoring there for awhile but decide to stay in Marathon for another month so we could attend the festival. I am glad we did. Our mooring rent is up on Feb. 2nd so I think we will be heading out about then.

It has been fun here in Boot Key Harbor, but the place is now packed with at least 350 boats and a waiting list to get in. I am ready for a more relaxed and less crowded place.

Pipe band from Miami

Border Collie herding sheep.

I miss Lucy.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment