Thursday, May 24, 2018

It Has Begun

I rode to Key West today and got my witness forms signed at the police dept. and got my first gas receipt, that starts the clock on the trip. According to the Iron Butt Association rules I now have 30 days to make it to Prudhoe Bay Alaska to qualify for their Certification of the "Ultimate coast to coast ride". If the weather does not permit me to make it all the way (the last 500 miles is a gravel haul road) then it will just be a fun ride to Alaska. Alaska is the only state I have not been in and I am so looking forward to it.

I checked the weather this morning in Prudhoe Bay. It was 27 degrees. Glad I packed my electric heated clothes. That I think is the toughest part of this trip. I will be going from 85 degrees with 90% humidity to 27 degrees and I will be coming back through west Texas in late June. I have to pack for a wide variety of conditions. No matter it will be a good time.

I will try to update the blog as much as I can while on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment