Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Wow! It is time to head SOUTH!

     It got down to below 50 last night. It is definitely time to head south. Oh well, soon enough. Hopefully within two weeks.
     We have been working of Morgan to get her ready for some more cruising. Before we left Kentucky Lake I bought paint to paint the deck and cockpit, but never got around to it. When we got back to Panama City I met a liveaboard here named Charlie. I solicited his expertise to do the painting. I also removed the woodwork, sanded it down to bare wood, and put 7 coats of poly on them.We worked on her for a couple of days, and she looks great. I ordered some things from Defender Marine as well to do some other upgrades. I will post about those as I complete them.

Sand, sand, and more sanding.

Who's going to clean up this mess?

Seven coats of poly.

Charlie painting.

Looking good.

Morgan looks new again.

2 comments:

Hot Rod said...

Well, when are you leaving? Seems like you've been at your present location for darn near 8 months now. The Hot Rod wants to hear about excitement and adventure and not about ice machines, Charlie and what color you're going to paint your commode or how many times you've visited Walmart. You talk about being bored in Indiana. How boring can it be for you right now? C'mon....I want some excitement, son!!!! Isn't that what a blog is supposed to be all about?

Hot Rod

Mike and Sharon Dunsworth said...

Hey, hey, hey, Rodney, calm down. It's still hurricane season and we don't need that much excitement. I thought you were our weather router and you want to send us out with hurricane Rina?

Post a Comment