Saturday, October 8, 2011

Finally, We Are Back On Morgan



     Well, we finally made it back to Morgan. I am so sick of driving it is pathetic. I never want to be in a car again. It was 2300 miles from Billings MT to Panama City FL.
     We had a quick stop in Indiana on the way here. I did some more BORING work for a friend of mine. Jack hammering concrete and digging (does it get any better than that). I did appreciate the little boost to the kitty though (thanks Rod).
     When we got back to Morgan, we had a few surprises, some pleasant, some not so pleasant.  She was floating high and dry. The bilge was dry as a bone with cob webs, she didn't have a drop of water in her. When we left I bought a brand new tarp and put it over the cockpit. When we returned it was in shreds and thread bare. The Florida sun is brutal. All of the bungee cords I had the tarp secured with were toast. The worst part though was all the stowaways we had. There were spiders and roaches galore. We have never had roaches, spiders, yes (I think it is bad luck to go to sea without them), but roaches never. I made a quick trip to the hardware store for some boric acid and some spider spray.
     Morgan is to small for two people to work in at the same time (what a shame), so while Sharon was cleaning down below, I sat in the cockpit sipping a cold drink listening to the radio and cracking up at the sound of her getting hysterical every time she opened something and found a roach or spider. I took some pics of her being grossed out with her tablet, she was making some pretty funny faces, but she would not let me post them.
     We just about have Morgan back in shape. Now it is time to relax and enjoy. We are going to go sailing and anchor out next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment