Monday, February 13, 2012

Morgan has been sold.

Morgan at anhor off Dog Island

Last night we accepted an offer on Morgan. I am both happy and sad at the same time. We are opening a new chapter of our life of living on the water and closing one as well. As some new trawler friends said to me the other day "Welcome to the dark side". There are some very obvious feelings about power boaters from sail boaters. I have already promised my sailor friends that I will not wake them with my trawler.

We will not be getting Island Queen until the end of the month. We will be staying on Morgan until then. Morgans new owners (caretakers) will be coming down next weekend to go for a sail. They seem to be really nice people, and I am happy they are getting her as I believe they will take good care of her.

4 comments:

Scott Dunsworth said...

I know its just a boat, but it is also like an old friend going down the road that you have spend much time with and went places with. A new boat is just that a boat until it becomes part of you and your experiences. My new build is nothing but a pile of sticks until we start adding experiences with HER, nothing like my Belhaven.
Sounds corny but its true.

Dan said...

Doesn't seem to have taken long to sell. Congradulations! Good luck in the next phase in your lives.

Hot Rod said...

I once had a boat
It only would float
The motor would never fire
Things were so dire
I smartened up and got rid of the thing
Now, I'm in a condo and live like a king!
For you my friend, life now will truly be lean
You have given up your Morgan to live on a Queen!

The Rodney

Mike and Sharon Dunsworth said...

Don, you're a poet and I didn't know it.

Post a Comment