Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Work, Work, Work.

Work continues on IQ. I just finished replacing the holding tank. The old one only held 15 gallons. The new one is a 40 gallon tank. It fits in the same space as the old one. I have to put a new macerator pump in yet, but one fun project at a time. We are doing some fiberglass work on the flybridge to seal up some leaks and make it stronger. Lots of work to do, but hey, it's better than roofing.

So far we have:
Changed the oil in the main engine.
Replaced two heads and their drain hoses.
Installed another bilge pump.
Installed a high water alarm.
New stereo.
New scupper drains.
Repaired fiberglass around the port door.
Made all new dock lines.
Installed a new water heater.
Repaired fresh water tank.
Did various plumbing repairs.

And we are just getting started.



New holding tank.

Fiberglass work on the flybridge.

Fiberglass work on the flybridge.

Island Queen's main engine.

13 comments:

The Icon said...

Start at Pegleg Point...
Forty paces west to Blindman's Bluff...
A hop, skip and a jump across Crocodile Creek and then nor' by nor'east, one, two, three...
Ah, Hangman's Tree! So *that's* the entrance to his hiding place!

Hot Rod said...

.

Hot Rod said...

.

Hot Rod said...

I just wanted to see my handsome face. What great looking guy!

Hot Rod said...

What A great looking guy. I left out the A......on purpose, so I could see my face again. Oh, you handsome devil, you.

Hot Rod said...

Oh, I can't help myself. I'm addicted to me.

Hot Rod said...

What a boring, fricking blog. Oh, I won't write anything for 2 weeks. That should keep my flock on the edge of their seats clamouring for more. I'd get more excitement from watching the Ajax in my kitchen sink turn blue. And, you call yourself a writer. You should be ashamed for letting all of your followers down.

Hot Rod 4 Life

Hot Rod said...

Oh, by the way, does this mean you won't fix my parking lot lights when you get home in June?

Hot Rod said...

Just wanted to see myself again.

Mike and Sharon Dunsworth said...

Hot Rod are you sure your medication is up to date. And by the way, it was not two weeks, it was only 12 days.

Hot Rod said...

The Commodore tells me that you don't know how to steer a boat. Is your new boat without power-steering or what?

Hot Rod said...

No, I'm out of my medicine. I need to stop by your old neighborhood and get some more.

Hot Rod said...

Vienna sausage....that was great. Glad I wasn't part of that trip with the 3 of you. I would have been heavin' right next to him.

Post a Comment