Sunday, September 8, 2013

Lots going on

I have been back to the boat for almost two weeks now. I have been getting alot done. Thanks to having some work I was able to go ahead and do some things on Queeny. I bought two new starting batteries and built a custom battery box to house them. I made the box and installed it in front of the motor. Queen has a huge bilge, so I recessed the battery box into the bilge. Which does two things. One, it gets some more weight lower in the boat which is always a good thing. Secondly it frees up some floor space in the engine room.

New battery box made of 1/8" aluminum plate.


Fits perfectly.



I contracted a welder to build davits to hold Rosy, our kayak, and the solar panels. It did not turn out exactly like I had wanted as the welder does not know how to read a scaled drawing, but all in all I am happy with it. This weeks project will be to mount and wire the solar panels. Slowly but surely we are turning Island Queen into a cruising boat. It just takes time and money.



New davits with one solar panel.

 

Rosy and the kayak fit perfectly.


No comments:

Post a Comment