Thursday, October 24, 2013

IT IS FINISHED (well almost)

I finished up the teak rails a couple of days ago, and they look fantastic. Two coats of pigmented varnish and five coats of clear. Now all I have to do are the doors and windows. I will wait until we get to Boot Key Harbor at the end of the month before starting on those. Since we will be on a mooring we will have the doors open anyway so it won't matter if I take them off to refinish them. That wouldn't work here in the marina. I have lots of small projects to do. I don't know if Queeny will ever be finished. I guess it really doesn't matter in the long run. It gives me something to do to stay out of trouble and besides what would I do with all that money if I wasn't giving it to West Marine and Defender?

We got our new inflatable dinghy. We like it so far. Much more stable than Rosie was and a larger carrying capacity.




Our new dinghy

No comments:

Post a Comment