Saturday, October 10, 2015

Made it to Dunedin

We arrived in Dunedin at about 3:45 pm today. Dunedin was our second favorite stop on the way to the keys. We had a beautiful 4 day trip here. It was 252 nautical miles from Islamorada Florida. We have used about 55 gallons of fuel. That is better than I had hoped for. We had great weather all the way. We stayed on the outside rather than taking the ICW to avoid the bridges and the traffic. Walkabout performed flawlessly. It is going to be so much fun cruising on this boat.

We did have an interesting time coming into Clearwater Pass. The tide was going out and the wind was blowing in. It made for a few exciting moments as the boat was turned this way and that way, but we made it in without running over anybody. I do not like excitement and I am not interested in gaining any fascinating sea stories. I just want pleasant calm cruising. We are anchored now and it looks like we will be here for awhile before the next weather window opens to move on.

Sunset at anchor I love it.

Sunrise at Sarasota.

Ship leaving Tampa Bay headed west. I guess to New Orleans or Houston.

No comments:

Post a Comment