Sunday, May 22, 2016

New Name

You will notice the new name of our blog. I named the RV "Walkabout", the same as what we had named the trawler. The reason is the spirit really hasn't changed. What we are doing is really the same, going walkabout, just the mode of transportation has changed some. Now some on the boat and some in the RV. Yes I know that when the Aboriginals go walkabout they actually walk, but I am much to lazy for that so I need something with an internal combustion engine (or maybe two).

I finally decided on a name for our new boat. It was previously named Ivanova. That did not do anything for me so a change was in order. I thought about names for several months and finally decided that she would be named after a song rather than a person. Then the decision of which song. I narrowed it down to three. Rolling in the Deep, Free Bird, and Amazing Grace. Well Amazing Grace is my all time favorite song followed closely by Free Bird (yes I know that I am strange), but I also like the song Rolling in the Deep witch kinda fit. But after some thought I decided on Amazing Grace. So when the painting is finished the new lettering will go on.

A few pics of the before and after.

I could not stand the shag carpet and blue laminate cabinets.

First to get rid of the carpet.

Next the blue cabinets.

Got rid of the dinette and made a couch/berth.

Still have to make the cushions.

No comments:

Post a Comment