Friday, September 10, 2010

Went sailing last weekend


I went sailing last weekend. It was great! I hadn't been sailing in at least two months. Every spare moment that I've had, I have been working on getting Morgan ready. I finally decided that I just needed a weekend to relax. I got to the marina, took off the sun shade, and was on the lake in no time. The wind was blowing about 15 mph from the north, and I was heading south. It was the fastest sailing I have done on Morgan. We stayed between 6.5 and 7.5 mph all the way to Duncan Bay, with a max speed of 7.9. That's pretty good for a 25 footer. Then on Saturday I did not even pull up the anchor. I just read, played solitaire (with real cards) the only true way to play. Took a nap and generally did nothing. My brother went down on Thursday, so he was already there waiting on me. I climbed up the mast an took this picture of him and the two boats rafted together. Fortunately I was high up, so you don't get too good a look at him.

3 comments:

Judy McCollough said...

I love it that you are getting to do what you enjoy.

Anonymous said...

MAN!!!! That is a beautiful cat ketch!!!!your raffed up with. I sailed one of those years ago,I belive it was built by Freedom yaghts. A Pearson or Perry design ,if I remember correctly. Super fast on a broad or beam reach. Wouldn't point quite as high, maybe 3 or 4 degrees less. But the ease of no standing rigging and nearly self tacking was a good trade off. It was sailing at its best. That gets me to thinking again like when I was sailing the freedom why all sailboats are not rigged in such a simple efficent way. Must go back to the dollar, no rigging, fewer winchs, less line and all the other things everyone wants to get in your billfold for.
Anyway have fun.

Todd said...

Glad I found your blog. I posted a link to it on the yahoo Coronado 25 owners group. I am looking forward to reading about your adventures!

Post a Comment