Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Update

Well, the time is drawing near for departure, and there are so many things to do. It is going to be an uphill battle, but we have firmly decided that nothing is going to stop us. About one month ago I found out that I had bladder cancer. They removed it two weeks ago. The doc thinks he got it all, but said there is a 70 to 80 percent chance it will return. The surgery was $7,000, which was over half of our cruising kitty. That just means I will need to look even harder for work along the way. I would rather be cruising and working than here and working. I had someone ask me if this was going to change my plans of going cruising. My answer was no, it makes me even more determined. Life is way to short. I am reminded of a Jim Croche song where the lyrics say "there's not enough time to do the things you want to do once you find them". How true. Wish I would have discovered cruising twenty years ago. On a lighter note. I got the chart plotter (Garmin 441), the stuff for the holding tank, new anchor, chain, and line. So lots of work going to happen this weekend. I only have four more weekends before we leave. Man time flies! I wonder if it will go this fast once we are out there cruising (I hope not). I met a really nice Canadian couple today at the marina. They are doing the great loop on a 25' Bayfield. Nice couple and a great boat. It doesn't look like I am going to get the deck painted before we leave. Oh well, I 'm sure I will get bored at some time in Florida, and do it there. Well I have a new toy (chart plotter) sitting here next to me begging to be played with.

Till next time.
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment