Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The tank is in

     Well we had a good work weekend on Morgan. It took me two days to install the holding tank, Y valve, and all the hoses. The good news (to me anyway) was when we filled it up with water to test it, there were no leaks. I measured the test water I put in, it holds about nine and a half gallons. I also was able to get a few other small jobs done as well. But, I also thought of about five others. I think a boat is like paying taxes, no matter how much you do (pay) you are never done. It's never enough. Oh well, at least I like working on the boat.





     When we got Morgan two years ago we took out the head, and put in a porta-potty. Sharon could not stand the idea of emptying it, so she said if I would empty it every time, when we put a head and holding tank back in the boat that she do all the pump outs. I agreed, so here are some pics of Sharon's first pump out (the test water). I don't think she will be smiling  the next time.
     We got a few small things to do next weekend. Then the following weekend we finish packing the boat. Then we will leave on the fourth of November. We were going to leave on the third, but my sister messed that up. She is running for prosecutor, and the election is on the second. We are going to an election get together at my parents house to watch the results. That well probably go late, so we are going to wait until the fourth to go.

Till nest time,
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment