Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Getting Closer

Well, it's just three weeks from tomorrow. Hard to believe. The boat is almost ready. One more weekend and I think Morgan will be officially ready. I saved the best job for last (make and install a holding tank). I saw an article in Good Old Boat magazine where a guy made one out of 6 inch sewer pipe. I thought why not, it works for a house, why not a boat. I bought most of the materials and took them down with me last weekend and got it figured out how to do it. This weekend I am going to install it. Last weekend I changed the anchor light and all the cabin lights to LED, and added a third battery.The third battery was a real blessing from an impatient friend who has a stinkpot (power boat). It is a Interstate brand group 27 deep cycle. It was in his boat, and he thought it was low, so he said let's buy a new one. I tried to get him to take it and get it tested (for free). No no let's just get a new one. I told him if he was going to do that, not to give them the old one cause I wanted it. I brought it home checked it out, it was a little low on water. I filled it up, put it on a trickle charge. It was fine. I put it in the boat and used it all weekend. You got to love impatient power boaters. I also installed the new anchor, chain, and rode. I also installed the chart plotter we bought. It's a Garmin 441. I think I am going to like it. We have paper charts all the way to the gulf, but I still wanted the chart plotter. We are starting to stock up on supplies a little each week, so that on the last week I don't have a heart attack when Sharon brings me the grocery bill. On the next post I will have some pics of the work we have been doing to the boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment