Wednesday, December 8, 2010

MIXED DAY

                                                Dolphins followed us a lot of the day.
                                              Fishing boat being attacked by birds.
                                                  Having a rest.
We had a mixed day today. We started out with a decent sailing day. We were having a good time, and even saw our first dolphins. Sharon took a lot of pics but most came out with only showing fins. The delay in the camera is hard to get used to. Then the wind and waves picked up, and I got a good dose of bashing into waves (about 6 hours of it). It was horrible, lots of spray. Spray and 45 degrees don't mix well. We got to Gulfport right at dark. We were going to anchor out, but there was nowhere to be out of the wind. We pulled up to the Gulfport Yacht Club.As I pulled Morgan up next to the main dock we grounded. I could not believe it was so shallow right next to the dock. I backed away from the dock and promptly fowled the prop and rudder with Rosie's lines. Tossed out the anchor, so I could get the lines out of the prop, which I did, but the line around the rudder will have to wait until tomorrow. Went a little further down the dock and was able to get up next to it with just inches below the keel. We will have to move before low tide tomorrow. Went inside to pay and got ripped off. THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN SOMEONE STEALING FROM ME, IS WHEN THEY DO IT WITH A SMILE ON THEIR FACE. The sign on the dock said to go to the bar if you arrive after hours and pay there. I went in and the guy said $1.50 per foot (that would be $37.50 for us). He gave me a paper to fill out. I did so, then another guy took my credit card and the paper and left. He came back with a receipt for $53.50. I told him that was not what I was told. He told me that's what it was (smiling all the time. If you come this way, give this place a big miss. As it was already dark I didn't have any choice but to let them steal from me. We were too tired to fight any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment