Friday, December 17, 2010

We are in Indiana for the holidays.

                                         The coolest gas grill I have ever seen.
                                          Is that not great.
                                     The propane tank goes in the tool box on the back.
                                          Me eating a Mufalota.
One Mufalota.
We got back to Newburgh, IN last night about 8:30 PM. It took us about 11 hours by car compared to six weeks by sailboat. By the way the boat was a lot more fun than the car.We rented a car. It was a little Toyota "yaris". I had never heard of a yaris before, but it was cheap. It did not have cruise control. I didn't know anybody made a car these days without cruise. It was not fun trying to stay the speed limit without it. We had planned to take the bus, but it was about $100 cheaper to rent the car, even after paying for gas. I never would have guessed that. I guess Greyhound has plenty of business. We will be here about a month before heading back down to the boat. It was hard for me to leave her there alone. I know that probably sounds silly, but it's true. The boat really is home to me now. Sharon is not quite on the same page as me on this yet. But, I remain hopeful. I have some work to do for same friends while we are here to help build the cruising kitty back up. We have an offer on our old restaurant building. Hopefully that will go through without any hitches. That would really help us out a lot.

When we were in New Orleans, my sister told me about a local sandwich called a "Mufalota", so I had to try one (and call her to rub it in). It was pretty good. Not a bad deal either. $13.50. You can see how big it is, it takes up a whole plate. Easily fills up two people, even when one of them is me.

The gas grill I saw in Natchez. It is the coolest grill I have ever seen. If we were planing on keeping a house, and I was into buying things, I would have to have one. I don't see how I could fit it onto the boat. It might look kinda cool hanging off the transom though. I would definitely get some second looks.

While we are here, I will post about some of the interesting things we saw along the way.

1 comment:

Hot Rod said...

Hey, Morgan has Rosie to hang out with while you're in Heavensville. Chill out fella, she ain't gonna leave you for another captain! WELCOME BACK!

Hot Rod

Post a Comment