Sunday, May 15, 2011

I DID A BAD THING TODAY

As you know we have been up north working to fatten up the anemic cruising kitty for a month now. The first two weeks in Indiana, and the last two weeks in Alabama working a storm. We are insurance adjusters (please don't hold that against me) and have been working the tornadoes that hit Alabama. I finished my last claim today, and have a couple of days before our next deployment so I wanted to get down to Morgan and Rosie to check on them. I have been worried about them as it has now been a month since I have seen them. This is where the bad thing comes in, now that I am here I do not want to leave. Five minutes on Morgan and it is as if I never left. I found her happily tied to the dock. I was worried that she might have mold growing in her or worse. She was in great shape. Her bilge was dry as a bone, even had cob webs in there. Sharon had left a plant on the table, and even it was fine, a little thirsty though. I am amazed how well she was. Oh God I don't want to leave!
     I will leave either tomorrow or early Tuesday morning to go back to work. I keep telling myself NO PAIN NO GAIN. We plan on sailing to the Bahamas in December or January, and to the US Virgin islands by March. It is going to take some work to be ready financially, but we can do it. Well that's it for now, I just want to enjoy being here.

Mike

2 comments:

Captain Landry said...

you'll love the Bahama's, I recommend Morgan's Bluff on the north side of Andros Island as a good place to anchor for a few days or weeks, clear water, great fishing.

I'll be headed stateside son, maybe back to St Pete area

Mike and Sharon Dunsworth said...

Sounds good I will keep that in mind. We can't wait to get there. I am glad neither of us are on the Mississippi River right now.

Post a Comment