Thursday, October 11, 2012

Amazing Feeling!

     Well I don't have some amazing cruising story to tell you this morning, and I probably won't have for awhile. We are pretty well stuck here in the Keys till at least April, and maybe longer. But, there are worse places to be stuck. When we sold Morgan and bought Island Queen we knew we would have to stop and work awhile to pay for her and all the upgrades she would need to cruise comfortably. We have done alot of work to IQ, but she is still nowhere near ready. I need a couple of more good months of insurance work for that to happen. All good things take time.

     To continue cruising is our dream, but living on the boat while getting ready is the next best thing. I woke up this morning and made coffee and pancakes. Sent Sharon off to work, then went down to the Tiki hut and talked with friends for awhile, then came back to the boat and oiled the teak rails. The weather is beautiful and life is good. Just to get up in the morning and be able to do whatever you want to do is an amazing feeling. Especially after being in New Orleans for so long. My to do list is as long as my arm, but I don't think I am going to get too excited about it. It all takes time, and I seem to have plenty of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment