Thursday, October 18, 2012

It's Done!

It's done! It took more than a couple of hours to do the hatches, but it is done none the less. It all turned out really good. I put a hing on the other hatch so that they now both have hinges. I think that is one of the best improvements we have made to the boat. While I had the hatches off I weighed one of them. They weigh 52 lbs. each. That is why the floor was so scratched up. Over the years people would take the hatch off to get to the engine and lay and or scoot it across the floor. They should have had hinges on them from the factory, but then a lot of things should have been done from the factory. I can't wait to get started on the rest of the main saloon. I definitely have enough to keep me busy.




2 comments:

Scott Dunsworth said...

Please tell me that's not another fake fireplace!!!!! The sole looks nice, but that lightbulb fireplace would go overboard the first chance I got.
Is that the one you got when you bought Hot Rod's, you know that two for one sale.

Hot Rod said...

I heard that!! By the way, the floor looks good. I wish that ----- contractor who did my kitchen addition floor and the kitchen floor at the lake would have been just as considerate. Whatever, that's alright. I found this new contractor from up around Dale who does a good job. Think we'll keep him.

Hot Rod

Post a Comment