Friday, November 2, 2012

Long Road Home

Well I have been working in Chicago for the last two weeks on a job for Exxon and I am way past ready to go home to my pair of queens. I got in trouble the last time I said pair of queens, meaning Sharon and Island Queen. Now to a guy saying pair of queens would be a compliment, but apparently to a woman that is not the case. To me, I was calling her a queen, to Sharon, I was comparing her to a boat. Go figure. The only thing I can come up with is the eternal truth that a man is wrong no matter what.

It is a long way home from here. Add to that the fact I will probably have to go to the east coast to work hurricane Sandy before returning home and it is almost depressing. Sharon seems to be living my dream. But as they say "no pain, no gain". Work now will help me stay on the boat comfortably for a long time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ginny and I enjoy your blog, although I have not seen a new entry for quite some time. Hope you are enjoying your long vacation. Happy Thanksgiving from all of us here in Pelzer. Bet you never heard of it?

A.C. Meyer

Mike and Sharon Dunsworth said...

Not what I call a vacation LOL, but its got to be done. NO pain, no gain. I have heard of Pelzer Indiana. I don't know how many other Pelzers ther are. Where are you?

Anonymous said...

East of Yankeetown Road by about a mile. A Kentucky transplant, but happy to be near daughter and grandchildren up here for 8 years now. Love the area. You are from Evansville, correct?

A.C.

Post a Comment