Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Back in the Marina

Sharon got off work at 3pm today and I had IQ ready to go, so we took off and made it back to the marina about 5:30. There was no wind hardly at all. It was a pleasant trip for us. We only sail one sailboat, and he was motoring. Only one other boat passed us. There were not many people on the water today. Since there was no wind it made pulling into the slip really easy (that's the way I like it). I now have two days to get everything ready before I leave for Indiana for a month.

Today while Sharon was at work it was getting a little warm since there was no breeze, so I decided to go for a swim. It was so cool and refreshing. While I was in the water I swam around IQ and under her to look at the hull and running gear. When we bought her we did not do a survey or take her out of the water to inspect her. I have always been a little scared of what I might find. I was pleasantly surprised to find no blisters. The hull is still really clean. The prop and rudder are still in good shape. I was pleased with the way everything looked except the size of the rudder. I took some measurements of it. I think when we do pull her out of the water we will add some to it to make her respond more quickly when you turn the wheel.

Short stuff snacking at the helm.

Underway.

Underway.

No comments:

Post a Comment