Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Little Adventure

Well on Sunday before we started having a fun day with the flea market and concert we had a little nautical adventure. I got into Rosy and waited for Sharon to climb down from Island Queen into her as well. As she stepped down into the dink she saw a cushion on the seat and sat down onto it. The problem was that it was on the same side  of Rosy as me. When she sat down the boat tipped over just enough to let water come in over the side and swamped Rosy (Ros is our dink). The boat completely filled up with water in less than 2 seconds. Rosy has positive flotation, so she won't sink even with us in her, but she will completely fill with water. All of this would have been pretty funny except Sharon had her backpack on with her tablet, both our phones, both sets of car keys with key fobs, and our verizon air card. Her tablet died and both our phones. We don't know about the key fobs yet. The verizon air card survived. Fortunately the tablet is still under warranty, and the phones were old and needed to be replaced anyway. Oh the fun of living on a boat. The good makes up for the bad though. Tonight I was sitting on the bow listening to music while I grilled some brauts, as I looked out over the anchorage and smelled the brauts cooking I was thinking I would not trade it for any house in any state. Life is good. While we wee at the nautical flea market I saw a shirt that said "My life is better than your vacation". I should have bought it but I was too cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment