Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Another Project Finished

I finished another project. It is one that has been bugging me for awhile now. The railing on the stern was broken and part of it missing. Probably from a past storm or something. It would have been very difficult for me to match the existing railing with the limited tools I have with me. So I was thinking of what I could do differently that would be easier and still look good. Then I got the idea to make a mount for our dingy motor while we are underway. I used to hang it on the stern rail of Morgan. I didn't have a place for it on Island Queen, so this seemed like the perfect plan. I bought the teak yesterday and started on it. Finished it up today and I think it turned out pretty nice.

Before

Broken and rotted corner


Finished motor mount

I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment