Thursday, June 7, 2012

Teak, Teak, Teak

I have been working on a few projects lately. I was finally able to get the acrylic to rework the instrument cover. I am happy with the way it turned out. Who knows how long it's been since it had one on it. I also got the rest on the handrails sanded down and cleaned. The teak is starting to get close to being done. I still have the rub raids and two doors to do, but that won't be to bad.

We had a couple of manatees visit the other day. They came right up to the  boat and waited like they wanted to be fed. We didn't give them anything though. They (echo freaks) go ballistic down here if you feed or water them. You would probably go to jail or be horse whipped or something. It was fun seeing then. Yesterday I was standing at the sink doing dishes when I saw a bunch of fish come by. I stopped and went out to watch then for awhile. They are amazing to watch in clear water. This was the most I had seen at one time. Had to have been a hundred of them. I do love seeing all the wildlife while living on the boat.

We leave for Colorado in a couple of weeks. We are going to fly out there for Sharon's family reunion. While there we are going to rent a car and drive over to Moab Utah and spend a couple of days there as well. Moab is one of our most favorite places on earth. When we return from out west Sharon will stay here and work and I will go back to Indiana and work for about 3 weeks. I am not really looking forward to being in Indiana in July, but I guess that is better than January. I read some interesting facts about the weather down here the other day. The all time highest recorded temp here is 99. The all time lowest temp on record is 35. It's not a hard climate to get used to.

Instrument panel before.


Instrument panel now.

Instrument panel now.

Teak handrail rough and weathered.

After a little work.




Two manatees who came to visit.


1 comment:

Scott Dunsworth said...

I would feed the manettes anyway, who cares what the liberals think or say, it's just noise!!! The definition of noise in Websters is unorganized sound or a liberal talking.
The boat is looking good, hope I get back down there before you leave.

Post a Comment