Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Another Sunset, Another Job Done.

We sat on the flybridge last night relaxing and watched another beautiful sunset, Sharon was knitting and I was just chilling out from my hard day of working on Queeny (actually I didn't do anything yesterday). I did get one job done today though. The doors leaked air really bad. Mostly from bad design not age. The door by the lower helm was the worst. There was a good half an inch gap that air and critters could enter through. I rode the scooter over to Key Largo this morning and bought a small piece of teak to make a filler for it. I had bought some weather stripping last weekend while we were in Homestead. I got it all installed today an it works beautifully. The doors are a little hard to open now though. But on the upside you don't feel a blast of cold air as you walk by the door on the outside now. Hopefully that will help the AC keep up now.

Another beautiful sunset from the flybridge.

Sharon knitting in a bit of wind on the flybridge.

See how much light comes in around the door.

With the door off you can see why it leaked so bad. The existing teak trim did not come straight down, thus it allowed air to come in around the recessed panel of the door.

New piece of teak installed.

Door reinstalled and weather stripping installed to seal the gap.

No comments:

Post a Comment