Monday, May 27, 2013

Lots of Little Things

Lots of little things going on.

We went to see Eric Stone play the other night. It was the first time we have seen him with his band. He was also at the pot luck that goes on at the Tiki hut every Friday night. His wife was with him and their two huge parrots. I think the birds got more attention than them.

Eric and Steve playing at the Marina Tiki hut pot luck.

Eric's wife Kim with Marley.


We bought a used inflatable dingy to use here in the harbor which will allow me to repaint Rosie and get her ready to sell. We will have to buy a better dink before we leave on the great loop, but we need a good insurance job to finish paying off debt, doing a few more things to Queeny and buying a new dink and motor. It all takes time. As we look back over the last 12 months we have come so far financially to being able to really be free to cruise and still have some measure of security. If this year is as good as last year it will be a really good thing.

Old but cheap.


We bought a solar panel and a charge controller. It is the same controller we had on Morgan which I really liked. The panel should be here this week. That will cut down on the generator run time alot as we mostly run it to charge the batteries.



It rained alot this morning.Yea!! The fresh water tanks are now topped off.




Last but not least, hell has officially frozen over. That's right I got a smart phone. I swore I would never do it but here I am. If we had not had that little dingy accident with everything getting wet, I would still be using my 8 year old flip phone. When that happened Michelle sent me her old phone and I used it until last week when it died. Since I was fresh out of old used phones I reluctantly went to the phone store and somehow ended up walking out with a smart phone. I missed the first three calls because I could not figure out how to answer it. I think I pretty well have it figured out now. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks. The best thing about it (and really the only reason I got it) is Pandora. Good music with no babbling DJs.

No comments:

Post a Comment