Monday, May 6, 2013

Making Adjustments

We have been on the mooring now for about a week and a half. We found out the alternator on the main engine isn't working, the 120 volt battery charger was very weak, and we had one bad battery. Fortunately I have been working for the last two weeks. The best part of that was it was from the boat. I would much rather work from the boat and look out over Boot Key Harbor than sit in a motel room in New Orleans and work. The pay is not as good, but it has alot of other benefits. The money I made the last two weeks we are putting straight into Island Queen. We bought a new 120 volt 40 amp battery charger (twice the size of the old one), 4 new Trojan golf cart batteries (450 amp hours), one new hatch for the aft cabin, and some other odds and ends.

I got laid off to day, so now I will have the time to install all of the new goodies. We want to keep making improvements on Queeny so we will be ready to take off on the Great Circle Loop in March next year.

Sharon enjoying Boot Key Harbor.

What $597.00, are you kidding me?

Blurry pic of our new charger.

Fun project for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment