Thursday, April 7, 2011

Shell Island

St. Andrews Bay on the way to Shell Island

Shell Island

Anchored at Shell Island
As I write this we are anchored out by Shell Island. Eric Clapton is singing Beautiful Tonight (one of my favorite songs) and life is good. Our new friends Dave, Nancy, and their two sons Chris and Josh left this morning for St Joe. We all went to an osyster bar last night. It was a lot of fun. I am not a seafood fan at all. I know as time goes on this will have to change, but it will be a slow change. They tried to get me to eat raw oysters, but I wouldn't do it. I tried a fried one, but it just tasted like slimy fish fat to me. The baked ones were tollerable. Nancy and I decided if you absolutely had to eat an oyster (no choice in the matter), that that would be the way to do it. Fortunately I have a choice. Sharon didn't eat the raw ones either, but she liked the baked ones and said she would order them in the future. Oh well, what can you expect from someone who grew up eating in remote Mexican villages.

I wanted so bad to follow them out of the cove this morning, I am so tired of being in Panama City, but we can't right now. We leave in 4 days to go to New Orleans to go on a cruise, and then back up to Indiana to work a little to fatten the cruising kitty up again. She is pretty anorexic right now. She is skinnier than Lindsey Lohan.

I know it is time to move on when Morgan starts to feel small and crowded. When we are on the move she feels like the perfect little ship. It's when we are stopped for a while that she starts to feel small. We had a beautiful sail today out to Shell Island. We will dinghie ashore tomarrow to have a look around. We will go back to the marina on Satuarday to get Morgan ready for our absence and leave about 5 am on Monday for New Orleans.

Well I try to keep my posts short so no one gets bored, so I better shut up. Oh before I go I did get some good news the other day. I sold another article to a magazine, "Good Ole Boat" this time. I have sent a couple of different articles recently to a couple of others as well but haven't heard from them yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment