Thursday, December 8, 2011

30 knots

We had an interesting night last night. There were 30 knot winds out of the north last night as a cold front came in. We were anchored in 6 feet of water. The waves in such shallow water were steep and close together. Morgan was like a bronking bull most of the night. The new anchor held well. We did not drag an inch, in fact it was a job to pull it up this morning. I saw that the weather was turning bad and secured everything the best I could. We did have one casualty though. The solar panel support started to give way. I went out and secured it with a couple of lines and it held. It did move enough that it broke the wiring. I rode my bike to West Marine and got some more stainless steel tubing to reinforce the frame. I started on that today and to rewire it. I will finish it tomorrow. Hopefully we will be on our way the day after next.

No comments:

Post a Comment