Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Useppa Island

We are anchored by Useppa island tonight. We had a good trip the last couple of days. We took the ICW from Sarasota Bay to here. On Tuesday we had to go through one swinging and eight bascule bridges. It was a little tedious following all the markers and having to wait for the bridges to open. Some bridges open upon request, some every twenty minutes, others every thirty minutes. Get there at the wrong time and you have a long wait fighting wind and current to stay still. Sometimes there is enough room to drop the hook and wait, others not. It was very pretty along the way. Lots and lots of beautiful houses. I didn't know there were that many rich folk in Florida.

As we were going down the ICW I was standing in the cockpit steering and I got a little splash of water. That is not unusual so I did not think much about it, then it happened again. This time I got a little wet. I stated looking around thinking the waves aren't that big, how am I getting splashed. Just then a dolphin jumped right beside me and splashed me again. Sharon grabbed the camera and started trying to take his picture. They are actually hard to photograph. You never know when they will come up, and toady's digital cameras always seem to have a delay when you push the button. She did manage to get a couple though.


Tell me she's not having fun!
Bascule bridge.

Nice real estate along the ICW
Our friend who came to play.

Traveling along the ICW

Sights along the ICW

Man made part of the ICW

Now that is what I call a screened in porch.

2 comments:

Hot Rod said...

Too bad you don't eat seafood. That Mahi Mahi would have lasted you the entire winter. You shoulda speared that --- -- - -----!

Hot Rod

Hot Rod said...

What's in Sharon's drink? She's actually smiling!

Post a Comment