Sunday, December 4, 2011

What A Day

We had a great day today. We walked into town. There is a walking and biking trail through the middle of town. It used to be a railroad and they took it out and made a nice bike and walking area. We were walking along thinking how great it would be to rent a couple of bikes. I asked at a local shop if there was a rental place around, they didn't know. We kept walking and saw two girls trying to ride and not doing a very good job at it. One almost ran me over. I told Sharon there has to be a rental place, they couldn't own bikes. We kept walking and a couple of blocks later there it was. We went in to ask about renting. We told him we were on a boat and he said "hey I have two fold up bikes that I took in on trade. Have a look at them and make me an offer." We looked at them. They looked decent enough (if they look too good someone will steal them). Sharon and I discussed what to offer him. New they start at around $279. I thought $75, she thought $100. When he came back  I said how about $75 apiece. He said well I was hoping to get about $150 apiece, but if you take them as is I will accept it. We are now the proud owners of two fold up bikes. It was fun riding today. Tomorrow we will go exploring.

As we were sitting in the cockpit today a bunch of little sailboats, probably 20 of them came by us with kids at the helm. I don't know if it was a class or a race, but it was fun to see them.

Our new to us bikes

Kids in sailboats

No comments:

Post a Comment