Thursday, May 31, 2012

Recipe

I know this isn't a cooking blog, it's a blog about living on a boat. But part of living on a boat is eating well. I made this soup a couple of times now, and it is the best soup I have ever tasted. Yes mom including your potato soup. Haha I am 1,200 miles away so you can't hit me, and you will forget I said this by the time I see you again. Lol

Creamy Chicken Taco Soup


Ingredients

2 boneless chicken breasts
¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 cup diced onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 10-ounce cans Ro-tel tomatoes, undrained (tomatoes with green chilies)
2 cans chicken broth
1/2 cup heavy cream



In a pot place the 2 chicken breasts, one can of broth, onion, cumin, garlic, and chili powder. Simmer for about 40 minutes to thoroughly cook the chicken. Remove the chicken and shred. Replace the chicken and add remaining ingredients. Cook and stir until cream cheese is desolved and you have a nice creamy soup.


Better than a T-bone steak
-

7 comments:

Scott Dunsworth said...

First of all you have to buy steaks that you can not see through with a dim light. I know for a fact you have never had a real T bone steak! It's also hard to take the word of someone that beleives vienna sausages are orderves, that the soup is that good. But I'll try it anyway just for fun.

Mike and Sharon Dunsworth said...

Hummmmm, you got me thinking now. A vienna sausage soup. Hummmm. I don't know what chef Ramsy would say about that.

Scott Dunsworth said...

1/4 cup fresh what?????

Anonymous said...

I think that soup would be much better than your t-bone steaks anyday :)

Mike and Sharon Dunsworth said...

OK I had a typo. I fixed it. Are you happy now?

Mike and Sharon Dunsworth said...

OK Mr John Anonymous.

Scott Dunsworth said...

I am single this week the girls went to Florida this week. So for celebration I bought a 1 3/4 inch thick New York strip steak and cooked it med-well. It was good and all this fat boy could get down. But as I was having a few cold ones while grilling that sweet, nice, beautiful steak, I started thinking about one of my poor brothers that has never learned about such things. Poor guy would have thought man what a waste, this could have made seven good steaks if cut properly into 1\4 inch slices. Poor guy has learned about sailing, then forgot, and now learning about stink boats. Hopefully he remember about sailing one day and learn what a good steak is.

Post a Comment