Friday, May 25, 2012

Sun Shade

I finished the frame for the new sun shade the other day. The canvas lady is supposed to start on it tomorrow. I hope she is better and faster than the last canvas lady I employed. I can't wait to get it done. It will make such a difference in the boat. We had one on Morgan and wow what a difference. The sun is so hot down here. If you are in the shade it's great, but in the sun it is unbearable. (to me anyway)

Sharon and I were talking the other night, and she told me she wanted Morgan back, that Morgan was home and Island Queen did not feel like home yet. I told her "too bad" She is sold and IQ is already home to me. I knew what she she meant though. IQ really does feel like home to me now. Maybe because I have put so much sweat into her already, I don't know. I do know this though, when it comes to comfortable living, IQ wins hand down.

More news coming soon.



3 comments:

Scott Dunsworth said...

Doesn't look like that frame is strong enough to support six inches of snow.

Chris said...

That frame looks great. Are you planning on leaving it in place when underway?

Mike and Sharon Dunsworth said...

Hi Chris, I beleive we can leave it in place, but it will not be too difficult to remove if I need to. The canvas will be put on with zippers so it will come off rather quickly. I can't wait till it's done.

Post a Comment