Saturday, June 8, 2013

Good Practice

Well, I had an interesting afternoon today. I usually start the boat every couple of weeks and let it get up to normal operating temperature, then put it in forward and reverse a couple of times just to make sure everything stays working as it should. Well this time I let it stay in reverse a little too long and wrapped one of the dingy lines around the prop. I had to get my mask and go under the boat and cut the line off and unwrap it from the driveline. At first I thought what a pain, and then I thought well this is good practice for when we are out and about cruising. I am sure we will be snagging a crab pot here and there, so this was good practice.

We have had two solid weeks of rain. Today was the first sunny day we have had and it was fantastic. The sun has just set and I am sitting on the flybridge writing this. It is a beautiful evening.

I got our first solar panel installed the other day. We will eventually have four 120 watt panels once we have the dingy davits installed, but that is about $3K away. We need some insurance work to finish that project.

Solar panel temporalily mounted on top of the bimini.

Ah, 6.71 amps of solar power. Can't wait to have 4 panels.

No comments:

Post a Comment