Friday, June 28, 2013

Work Continues on IQ

Work continues is an understatement. I don't know if I will ever be done, but I have to eat this elephant one bite at a time. Sharon is in California for the weekend so I am trying to rewire all of the 120 volt wiring in the boat while she is gone. I got a lot done today. I am hoping I can get the majority of the rest of it done tomorrow. It was absolutely crazy the way the wired this boat. They used wood boxes to hold the receptacles. WOOD BOXES!! Wood boxes are bad enough when they are new, but now those boxes are 35 years old and as dry as any kindling wood I have ever seen. Another one of the design features that make you wonder if the Taiwanese were secertly trying to take out a few gringos. To top it all off they used 16 gauge wire. Never been legal in the US. Oh well, it is almost history now.

We also bought a washing machine and installed it in the aft cabin. I ordered two retractable clothes lines to hang up the clothes. No place for a dryer. I will be building a cabinet around it in the future along with a closet. It will be awhile before I start that job though.

Hey, we can wash colthes now.

Wood electrical box and 16 gauge wiring.

Ah, metal box and 12 gauge wire.

New outlet for our bathroom. The original one was under the sink in the back corner. You had to open both doors and get on your hands and knees to reach it. Don't know what the thought process was there.





No comments:

Post a Comment