Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Hey, who's living under my boat?

We got back to Tavernier on Saturday. It was an 8 1/2 hour trip. All went well with no problems and no rain. There were not many boats out which surprised me. A nice summer weekend in the Keys and not many people out. I must admit that I don't mind that though. The busiest place we saw was when we went through a cut called the cowpens. Rightly named as it is a narrow cut through the mangroves. It figures you pass three boats the whole day in open water and three more in the cowpens. It has been good to see all of our friends here again.

I am having some problems with the rudder on Queeny, as I think it is too small. I have someone helping me design a modification to make the boat more responsive to the helm, but I needed to take some pics of the existing rudder. I borrowed an underwater camera to do this and grabbed my snorkel mask and fins and went for a swim. There were all kinds of fish under Queeny when I got there to take the pics. After I got the rudder pics I snorkeled around my end of the marina watching the fish. They are all over the place. I had a good time with the camera. I am going to have to get me one of those when we get some more work.

I never realized just how handsome I was.




Our prop and rudder.



One of the pillings we are tied up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment