Thursday, February 3, 2011

Great Day aboard

We had a great day today. We got the boat clean, and most of the stuff stowed. Since we have the car here this time, we were able to go to Lowes, china-mart (wal-mart) and my favorite fast food restaurant in the world, Whataburger. I got the sails down today to get the main ready to take to the sail maker tomorrow, to get two more reef points put in. It seems really weird to have a car here. Almost like anti-cruising, but it has its advantages. I got lots of things to do to Morgan, but am going to wait until the weekend. They are predicting 6o's for Monday and Tuesday. Oh yeah! that's what I'm talkin bout. It was good to go back to Indiana to build up the cruising kitty, but it is good to be home. We sold about half of our furniture while we were there. I think we will sell the rest in May, and make a complete break. Time will tell.

I talked to a guy in Destin FL. today. He told me of a cheap marina close to Destin. We are going to check it out tomorrow when we take the main over to Pensacola. We may stay in the area until April. Time will tell. I think that is my favorite phrase now "time will tell". I have lived my whole life running, running, running. What a joy it is to cruise. I am so glad Sharon is on board with me. Even though she doesn't fully embrace the dream yet, she fully supports me and my dream. I am proud of, and appreciate her emensly.

Having steak and fried potatoes tonight. MMMMMMMMMMMM

Later,
Mike

2 comments:

Judy McCollough said...

Love hearing about life on the boat. Keep the posts coming.

Hot Rod said...

Mikey & Sherry....Using our friends computer again. He's such a great guy. Fred's bowel problems persist. He feels that southern weather will clear up his system and that he'd like to move in with you and Sherry for awhile. Will our king sized bed fit into the cabin of Morgan? Love you both. You are our best friends. How 's Jack? We love him, too. How about Spot? We love him, too! H---, we love everybody! NWO.

Katie

Post a Comment