Thursday, February 24, 2011

First Boarding

We got to St Andrews bay (Panama City, FL) just before dark on Tuesday. The next morning we were having breakfast (bacon, eggs, and hash browns MMMMMMMM) when Sharon saw a boat approaching. It turned out to be a customs boat. They came along side and asked how many were on board. I told them just two. He then asked if we had any firearms aboard. I said yes, one. He told me they were going to board us, and for both of us to stand in the cockpit. After smacking our boat with theirs, two of them boarded us, while one stayed with their boat. He asked where the firearm was, we told him, he went down and looked at it, unloaded it, then asked to see our documentation. I gave him my drivers license, gun license, and boat registration, Sharon gave him her license. They wrote everything down, said have a good day, and got on their boat and took off. We saw them ten minutes later, with another boat stopped. I knew I was legal to carry in Florida, but I was still nervous. I told one of them that this was the first time we had ever been boarded. He told me it will happen more and more the further south we go. Yeha.
We are at Smugglers Cove Marina. It is a decent place, and very affordable. I think we will stay here for awhile, and do some work on the boat. Before we left Kentucky lake I bought paint to paint the topside, but it got to cold for me to do it. It is plenty warm here. We have been in shorts and tee shirts for awhile now. I had to break out a fan the other day. It is perfect weather to me, not too hot, not too cold.


OK, I give up. I just tried for 45 minutes to upload pics for this post. Blogspot software is so screwed up it has to be ran by the government. That is the only explanation for how a business can have such bad service, and survive (like the post office).

3 comments:

Hot Rod said...

"Mike & Sharon, A Sailsman and a Sailswoman." I like the title. Youi don't have to sell me. It would make a great travel book. A sailsbook about Sailbooks. Gee, that's funny!

Hot Rod said...

What good is a blog if you don't update it on a regular basis?

Mike and Sharon Dunsworth said...

Don, Be patient, do you have any idea of the ennormass amout of stress I am under and the fast paced schedule that I am on here? Most people would crack under this pressure. I am going to post tonight.

Post a Comment