Wednesday, March 2, 2011

14 Days Straight

Me on the beach looking goofy, I don't know what I was thinking.


Ah! laying on the bow in shorts, listening to XM, with cold drink in hand, flying the spinnaker. It doesn't get any better than that.

The weather man said today was the 14th day straight of high temps over 70. That is what I have been looking for, and how sweet it is. We have met some really nice people since we have been here. Lots of people living on their boats down here. It seems funny to be in a place where you are not an odd ball for living aboard. I like it.

We found block ice today! It took almost a week to find. It lasts so much longer than cubed ice. We can go two weeks without having to buy ice to keep the cooler cold if we have block, every other day if we use cubed. We are finding where everything is around here now. We rented a car last Friday, and drove back to Ocean Springs to get our car.

I have been working on making screens for the hatches the last couple of days. It amazes me how fast time flies. I read once about a cruiser who was asked "What do you do all day?" His answer was "I don't know, but it takes me all day.". That's how I feel. I start the day with a goal, I get about half of it done and wonder where the day went. I am not complaining mind you. I am loving it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol youre so funny dad! although i feel the same way here at the office, whatever it is i'm doing, it keeps me busy all day.
and don't worry, you will always be an oddball to me. :D

Post a Comment