Thursday, March 10, 2011

Under The Oaks Park

Me sewing screens for the hatches.
Getting ready for the no seeums.
There is a park across the street from the marina that we are at called "Under The Oaks Park". It is absolutely beautiful, and has a trail along the perimeter that is .6 miles long. We walk two laps everyday. I think next week we will start doing three. It is the nicest park I have ever seen, and with Live oak trees. I hadn't seen any of these until we got to Ocean Springs Mississippi. I think they are now my favorite tree.
One of the many squirls wanting food. I had a bunch of these guys just come right up to me. I guess people walking in the park feed them regularly. They are definitely not afraid of people. I had one follow us almost all the way around the trail. Hey Rodney, do you want some for your lake house? I'm sure they would love it.
More of the trails.
Now why didn't they have things like this when I was a kid? This thing is huge. At 52 years old I played on it just the same. Sharon says I'm just a big kid anyway. I would have loved to have gotten the contract to build it. That would have been as much fun as playing on it. Like getting paid to play.
Sharon didn't want to play. Actually, she did yesterday, but she said once was enough. That is the difference between boys and girls. This place could entertain a boy for at least three years.
Awesome!




3 comments:

Hot Rod said...

And to think you gave up Lighthouse Landing for a kids playground surrounded by a bunch of filthy looking Moss laden trees is just appalling. Next thing I know, you'll be dyin' your hair black again.

Hot Rod

Mike and Sharon Dunsworth said...

Aw ome on Don, I can see you and about 300 grandkids playing in that park. What about the squirls? You want some?

Hot Rod said...

Just keep playing cowtow to your whimsey. Before long, you'll be thinking.."oh, I just can't believe I abandoned my life in Indiana and that guy who would call me in a -5 degree wind chill to merely turn a key to open a door at his and (or should I say) his wife's business." Enjoy! You earned it.

Hot Rod

Post a Comment