Saturday, March 12, 2011

Rant

Why I dislike the government. I had read that if we kept the boat in Florida water for more than 90 days that we would have to register it here. I went to the tax office the other day to find out for sure. Yep, it is true. So I have to change to a Florida title, then if we go back to Indiana (or any other state) for more than 90 days, I will have to change the title again. This could only make sense to a politician.  The only good thing about it is that Florida registration is cheaper than Indiana because they have an antique vessel registration here. It's only $5 per year. The title change is the hassle. Oh well, I'm in warm weather and clear water. Things could be worse.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that is too short to qualify as a rant, surely you can do better, throw in some cursing.

Just wondering what is the age requirement for antique vessel. Did not know that there was such a thing.

Mike and Sharon Dunsworth said...

Hi Herb n Laura, The requirements for antique vessel registration is that it has to be 30 years old and have the original "type" of propulsion. It cost me $17 for the title transfer and first years registration. You can download the form online.

Post a Comment