Tuesday, February 8, 2011

What a day!





Had a really good day today. I installed the fire hose rub rails on Rosie today. They turned out pretty good. Now I don't have to worry too much about her rubbing up against Morgan while at anchor. It took 20 feet of 1 1/2 inch fire hose, 20 feet of 1/2 inch aluminum flat bar, and 120 stainless steel screws. It felt good to get it done and her back in the water. I took her out for a spin when I got done. It was a nice day, so it was fun to do a little exploring. Had a nice relaxing evening, grilled steak, had a friend over. Good food, good conversation, a very pleasant evening. Another couple came into the marina today from Galveston on their way to the Bahamas. We had a nice chat with them as well. Why didn't I discover cruising five years ago? We should pick up our sails from the sail maker on Friday. So we should be leaving weather permitting Tuesday or Wednesday. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment