Monday, February 14, 2011

Leaving tomorrow

We got the boat mostly ready today. We will have a little to do in the morning, but that's okay. We need to wait for the tide to rise a little anyway. Low tide is at 6:15, and although we should be okay, it would be close getting out. I am amazed how shallow it is around here. I tuned the rigging today. That is a big relief. It has bothered me since we bought Morgan, as I had no idea of the correct way to do it. I met a guy here named Ken Jackson. He is from New Zealand, and a very nice guy indeed. He taught me how to do it. Not that hard if you know how. Although I am certainly not an expert yet, I do feel comfortable doing it now (probably know just enough to be dangerous). He looked over it and gave it his approval. We got the shopping, laundry, gas fill up, and everything else done this evening. We can't wait to get going. We may not have good enough Internet to blog for a couple of days, but should by the weekend.

Destin, here we come.
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment