Sunday, March 4, 2012

Almost Ready

Sharon and I came up to where Island Queen is on Friday night. I spend all day yesterday working on plumbing. I replace both toilets and all the piping going to them. Last weekend when I was here I replaced the shower sump pump and put a new water heater in. It felt good to have a nice hot shower when I got finished working yesterday. I have some other things to work on today to get her ready for the trip. She is just about ready though.

I have been trying to do the minimalist thing for a while living on a small boat with minimal systems and trying to live cheap.Now I feel a little guilty having such a nice boat. As I said when I got finished working on the plumbing yesterday I had a shower. We are not plugged into shore power, so I fired up the generator, turned on the water heater and the AIR CONDITIONER. Not quite the minimalist lifestyle anymore. Oh well, I sure if I ignore those guilty feelings long enough they will go away.

My brother Scott and my friend John left Indiana today to come down and make the trip down to the Keys with me.I hope we can leave on Tuesday. It should be a fun trip.

We are about to hit another milestone. The blog will reach 20,000 views this week. That amazes me. It has been fun to share our adventure with everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment